Another Knight on the Town

Scenes set in the "Young Justice" universe.

Re: Another Knight on the Town

Postby Superboy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:02 pm

"Or put on shoes, shoes are the devil." He chuckled as he wiggled his toes for her viewing pleasure. Feet were a huge erogenous zone for humans, he remembered that from a book. And the sheer number of websites dedicated to such things. And he truly cared that people knew, he... he was proud to be dating above his weight class. He quickly acquired her jeans and held them out, but at the last moment pulled them back teasingly when she reached for them.

"I've... never been happier. Ever." He wasn't sure if that meant much but it was something. "I should go get myself an up-arrow t-shirt. Or make one. Turnabout being fair play and all." He had the unfair advantage of having a 'mentor' hahahahaahaha who's personal symbol was very popular on a wide range of clothing. "Are you... content?"
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:16 pm

Wrinkling her nose as Conner wriggled his toes, Artemis gave a mock grimace. "Yeah, that's because you don't feel the cold the same way us mere mortals do," she grinned, poking her tongue out at him as she tugged the tee into place. Of course, not many of the Team - or the Justice League - were normal human beings, so she, along with Dick Grayson, were something of a curiosity among their peers.

Artemis reached out to take her jeans. "Thank y... hey!" SHe laughed, making a dive for the jeans as Conner pulled them away, knowing that he would only give them back to her when he was good and ready.

Her eyes widened as Conner professed his happiness, and a radiant smile burst across Artemis' face. "I'm glad," she replied, her voice the epitome of sincerity. She couldn't say herself that she had never been happier, but how she was feeling was right up there with the best she had felt when Wally had been alive, and she was grateful for that. "You oughta ask Green Arrow," she said with a grin. "I'm sure he'd have one in your size." And it was something more than flattering that he would want to wear her symbol, as much as she wanted to wear his.

"Am I content?" The only answer to that wasn't one with words, and, giving up on the fight for her jeans, Artemis slipped her arms around Conner's neck, stood on tiptoe, and kissed him with the utmost in restrained passion. "Is that a good enough answer for you?"
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:17 pm

"It's cold?" Conner looked around himself as if that was news to him, though the little upward quirk at the corner of his mouth gave it away as a joke. It was a weird thing to try to explain to humans so he usually didn't bother to try. He was aware of temperatures but most of the time that was it. He was just aware. When he'd fallen into lava during the fight with Red Twister's siblings it had hurt, that was damned hot, but he'd come out unscathed all the same. Not a experience he wanted to repeat but one he could if necessary.

He laughed as she lunged for her jeans but he kept them just out of reach by sheer luck. Conner was certain that if she really wanted to make a concerted effort at it she was spry enough to get them away. He didn't have his template's super speed, after all. Just the bursts that came with being incredibly strong.

"I'm glad you're glad... but considering what I asked him for earlier he would quickly put two and two together. If you're worried about that." Green A would get the idea anyway, once he heard about or saw Artemis in that super shirt, but that was what it was. "Besides, I'm supposed to wear one of yours. Fat man, little t-shirt." He grinned.

Conner accepted the kiss and returned it in measure, letting it linger before she finally asked him a follow up question. "Sorry, I didn't quite catch what you said, could you repeat that?" He tried not to look -too- clever.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Artemis shot Conner a look that, had he been able to feel the cold, would have chilled his blood to ice in his veins. However, the look didn't last long before she burst into a radiant smile. "You don't know how lucky you are, you know. You not feeling the cold means that putting my cold feet all over you in the winter isn't going to have anywhere near the effect I'd want it to." She'd think of something, though.

She shot Conner a reproving look as he dangled her jeans just out of reach. The bedroom was too small for her to get properly athletic in their retrieval, though, so she would bide her time. For the moment, the t-shirt covered what it needed to.

Artemis giggled. "Given the amount of time we've been spending together, I'd be worried if he hadn't already figured out who you wanted it for," she teased. The rumours had already been flying around, but nothing had taken root to any real extent. "I don't think one of my tees would fit, though." She could just imagine it, ripping as he tried to stretch it over his arms and pecs.

Not a bad mental image to be left with.

It was no real surprise that Conner returned Artemis' kiss with fervour and enthusiasm, and she rolled her eyes at his verbal response. "I think your hearing's just fine," she murmured, her words falling into his mouth like candy. "Now, if you're so hungry, how about you give me my jeans, so we can go get you something to eat?"
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:25 am

"I don't know about that. The fact that you plan to be sleeping next to me come winter certainly has me feeling pretty lucky." Conner smiled in that good ol'country boy kind of way he'd no doubt picked up from Mr. Kent, the Kansas farmer. It was a disarming and endearing smile, as dangerous as any kitten's big sad eyes if executed correctly.

Then Conner looked slightly concerned, but then uncertain. He didn't like the idea that people would just assume such a thing about them but at the same time, it was true and he didn't mind that one little bit. "Do you think so? You think they would just assume that our friendship became... intimate?" It seemed like a bit of a leap to him, but at the same time he had to admit he was probably one of the most relationship ignorant people in all of the League.

He waited, obviously considering his options and even leaning out a bit to regard her legs before finally relenting. "Alright, but hunger just won out by a very slim margin. And you can't blame a guy for trying to sneak another kiss of... well, such a beautiful woman." Especially one that had terribly few kisses to his name.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:46 am

Artemis melted when Conner flashed her one of his killer smiles. "Well, I could always do with warming up when it gets cold, as long as you're up for it," she teased, shaking her head so her hair bounced. "I can get pretty demanding, just so you know." Artemis was about as low maintenance as you could get, and she hoped that Conner realised that this was just a tease.

She rolled her eyes a little, and shrugged. "You know what it's like," replied Artemis. "Teenagers gossip. There've been rumours for a while, but I couldn't care less. Let people think what they want, Conner. We know the truth, and we don't have to say jack. It's our business, and nobody else's." Okay, so maybe Black Canary and Green Arrow might have something to say about it, but as long as she and Conner were able to stay focused on their hero duties as well as everything else, she couldn't see a problem. Besides, Green Arrow had more than his share of the ladies coming and going, so he would be unlikely to say anything.

"Conner..." Artemis' voice held a warning note, one that said he wouldn't hear the last of it if he didn't stop teasing her. Taking her jeans, she shimmied into them, buttoning them and tugging the "S" tee over the top. Glancing down, she decided to go with bare feet. "No, but I can blame you if I get cold feet walking through the hallways, and then who's gonna be responsible for warming them up, huh?"
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 pm

"I can't imagine -not- being up for it. Though my loft is pretty drafty, we might have to snuggle under blankets to share and conserve body heat..." Fortunately, he knew what that sounded like and made it apparent that he didn't think it was clever, but it was still a good idea. "Demanding can be good. I apparently respond well to demanding, considering the two who put in the most time as my mentors." Black Canary and Batman, he often had to resist calling them sensei or something with more gravitas than merely 'mentor'. He liked them both, in their ways. They were almost like... adoptive parents, but separately. It was weird, but comforting. Batman was the stern father of olden sitcoms, B. Canary was like the somewhat too clinical but very emotionally supportive mom.

Conner shrugged, he actually didn't know what it was like but he assumed she knew plenty about the matter. He'd always been somewhat apart, he'd barely experienced what it was to be a teenager. Connor had certainly not done much socializing in school, he'd gotten a small dose of it on the Team but amongst them rumor mongering was the least of their worries. The team had been too small for it to fly anyway. Black Canary might want to talk about it but it would be in a therapy setting, and probably more for her clinical curiosity than any personal concern. Green Arrow would start to stutter, lose his way, and back off if Conner just maintained the "Batman Face" long enough through any conversation the older man initiated. "Works for me."

He went straight to innocent puppy face at the sound of warning in her voice. "I'll take responsibility, and if you want you can get a piggy back ride. I think I can carry you as far as the cafeteria." He made a show of stretching in preparation for that particular workout, grinning to himself.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 am

Artemis looked a little surprised. Already, Conner appeared to be inviting her to stay with him in his loft, and, while it seemed a bit fast, it wasn't an unwelcome notion. In fact, she was sure that it would be very enjoyable indeed. At least they'd be away from prying eyes here at the Tower. "Okay, so I think we've figured out our winter warming technique," she replied, her words tinted with amusement. "But what about summer? Won't it get uncomfortably... hot in the summer?" Artemis chuckled, her teasing evident, even to someone as inexperienced as Conner.

"Okay, so demanding is good, got it," she said, half-wondering in which way Conner wanted her to be "demanding". And, if she were honest, whether she was up to the task. This was the first time that she had dared to get involved with anyone since Wally's death, and she didn't want to make a mess of things. Her bruised heart was still healing.

Artemis twitched up her eyebrows. "We could always give them something to actually talk about," she grinned, only half joking. Sometimes, exposing the truth to the light was the best way to go.

Tugging her clothes into place, Artemis laughed. "Midnight piggy back rides? Is that the latest in romance for you half-Kryptonians," she giggled, tugging her hair back into its ponytail once more, not making much of an effort to make it tidy. "Your call, Superboy. Go right ahead to try to impress me!"
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:14 pm

"Oh... I hadn't... thought of that." Teasing she might be but she'd also brought up a good point. He was living a charmed life based on his relative immunity to everything. His hay loft was perfect for him, he didn't need much, but it would only sometimes be ideal for her. "I'll think on it." He could conceivably finish the loft but then it would be stealing the locations charm.

He gave the nod shrug that said demanding was fine before giving her a curious expression at her suggestion. "What do you have in mind?" Conner was definitely not the one for guile or subterfuge. While he waited for her answer he strolled over and scooped her up in his arms and carried her out the door.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Artemis grinned. "I was joking," she said, reaching up and patting Conner's cheek a couple of times. He really could be adorable sometimes. "It's a different kind of heat I was referring to!" Conner's loft was an escape, a sanctuary, and she liked it just the way it was. Sure, she hadn't spent very much time there, but it was obvious that it was somewhere that Conner felt that he was able to be completely himself.

She squeaked as Conner scooped her into his arms as though she weighed nothing, and Artemis slipped her arms around his neck. "I think if we wandered the halls like this, it would be a start," she chuckled, dropping a soft kiss into the crook of his neck. " She traced a slow finger along his cheekbone. "But I was thinking something a little more direct might do the trick..."

Her husky voice trailed off as she pressed her lips to his again, her tongue darting teasingly between Conner's lips just the once, before withdrawing. "Think that might sort out the rumour mill?"
Artemis Crock

PreviousNext

Return to Young Justice