Another Knight on the Town

Scenes set in the "Young Justice" universe.

Re: Another Knight on the Town

Postby Superboy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:28 am

"Oh... I mean, I know... I just realized that in high summer you've got a point. A lot of truth is said in jest, and all that." He leaned into her touch when she patted his cheek though, all the same. He wasn't taking contact with her for granted by any means.

So they were off, padding down the hallway. Or rather, he was padding down the hallway and she was kissing on him. Between the carrying, the way she molded herself to him, and of course those very pleasing kisses he was fairly certain that anybody that happened across them would be absolutely clear on what was happening between the two. Still, best to play the game for what it was worth, right? "I think we could use a little practice, really work up the believability of it so there can be absolutely no misunderstanding." Because the way she kissed was very, very high on his list of things to do daily for the rest of his life.

Conner gave her a wink and, sadly, found himself carrying her into the cafeteria. Given the international nature of the League... there were a few people present and he paused for a second, blushing before turning setting her on her feet. "Lets eat... uh... honey?" He tried on the endearment and watched her for her reaction.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:34 pm

"Conner. Just stop talking," Artemis giggled. "Your loft is fine. It gets hot, we open up the doors. No problem." Besides, she could think of worse things to do than being cuddled up together, watching the stars again. It would be a completely different experience the next time, though.

Conner walked down the hallway with a briskness to his pace that belied the fact she was peppering his lips with teasing kisses. "No... misunderstanding... right." She smiled through the kisses, now including the occasional playful little nip at Conner's lips. "Wouldn't want anybody getting the wrong message, would we?" And there was most certainly only the one message that anyone could get from witnessing their little display as they wandered the halls.

She heard the quiet buzz of the cafeteria before she noticed where they were, and Conner set her gently on her feet. Artemis laughed as he called her "honey". It didn't sound right, neither coming from him nor as an endearment for her. "Honey," she snorted, mock swatting at him, feeling the coolness of the floor tiles seeping up through her bare feet. "You can eat, I'll settle for a hot chocolate. Some of us don't need to 'keep up their strength' quite as much." In fact, Artemis would have been just as happy to have curled up in bed with Conner and gone to sleep, but... what the boy wanted, the boy got. "What're you eating, anyway?" She might just have to steal the odd bite.
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:46 am

He had more protests on the tip of his tongue but he just closed his mouth at her admonishment, he was worrying. Because he knew it was going to be whatever temperature it was outside at best in his loft. Sometimes hotter. In winter that wasn't a bad thing, and that was what blankets and space heaters had been invented for, but in summer that was like getting a sauna installed in hell. Wouldn't bother him, but she wasn't even partially Kryptonian. Even if she'd had a bit in her earlier.

Conner shook his head emphatically when she asked if they wanted anybody to mistake what they were to each other. Nope, if it meant more kisses he sure as hell wanted everybody to know -exactly- what was going down behind closed doors. He also quietly congratulated himself on not ever switching to tights for a uniform. Conner had a feeling that a bit of privacy would be needed when it came to his bodily reactions to being around her for a while. At least until he managed to get some practice in controlling his urges.

"The first thing that appeals to me when I get to the replicator thing. I'll get you your hot chocolate too. With or without little marshmallows and/or whip cream?"
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Artemis blinked as Conner did as he was told, looking almost stunned at what she had said. She followed it up with a soft kiss. "Your loft will be fine," she repeated, dropping the words into his mouth like a rich piece of chocolate. She was used to the heat, having spent years down in San Diego with Wally, and was certain she'd have no problems with the temperature in the loft.

Her rhetorical question got a firm headshake from Conner, and Artemis giggled. "Then I guess we'd better make sure that any rumours flying around are accurate," she replied, her tone pure flirtation. "Any ideas how we can do that?" She was absolutely sure that he would have plenty of ideas.

She knew that she did.

"Mr Impulsive, huh," she chuckled, reaching out and taking Conner's hand, giving it a squeeze." And definitely with the cream and marshmallows. I've a funny feeling I'm gonna need the energy tonight, don't you?"
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:32 am

He finally accepted that she was dead set on trying it out as was, so he gave up on trying to solve the problem until she decided it was one. When she asked him what they could do to show they were together all he could think of was dumb stuff from a dumb television show. "Uh... hold hands, sit together, you could wear my letterman jacket... if I had one." He hadn't had the control needed to play a sport in High School, he'd have left broken bodies and blown covers across the land.

"I guess so, I've never been much of a planner." Understatement of the century, he spent most of his time thinking up and discarding impulsive ideas. Except in a fight, where he never got around to discarding ideas until after he'd tried them three or four times. "I... uh, yes?" He figured they were likely going to sleep, together or separately. Whichever she preferred when the moment came. Then he realized something else. "Oh... you already are wearing my 'letterman jacket'." He pointed at the S on her chest as he led her toward the food.

Where upon he found and selected a country favorite, chicken fried steak with sawmill gravy, mashed potatoes (also with the same gravy), and greenbeans. "Probably not as good as Mrs. Kent's but it'll do."
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Conner was sweet. He had a truly innocent, old fashioned view of relationships at their - well, his - age, and it was a refreshing change. It was this innocent, simple world view that she found so endearing. Coupled with his enthusiasm, and, of course, his drop dead gorgeous looks - oh, and countless other things - it wasn't difficult to understand why she had fallen for him.

"I guess that would be a good start," Artemis grinned. "Maybe we ought to get you a letterman jacket sorted out." Despite Conner's physical stature and abilities, he just didn't seem like the jock sort to her.

However, he did seem more than a little nervous to her, and Artemis dialled back the flirtation in her smile. She had to remember that he was just dipping his toe into the whole "adult relationship" thing. It would be new and scary to him, and she wanted to make sure that he was completely comfortable with everything that happened, be it in private or in public.

"You're right, couldn't get any more obvious than this tee," she replied, her voice reassuring. "Looks good," Artemis conceded, feeling her own stomach grumble, before sorting out her hot chocolate. "You know, I think I'm going to have some chocolate pudding, too. Wanna share?" She picked up two spoons, brandishing them in silent temptation.
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:58 am

"It'd certainly help when I was trying to be taken for younger rather than older." It was the only level at which he was interested in a letterman jacket, he hadn't competed for one certainly. If it was about marking her, making sure a S-shield was on her at all times would be more than sufficient to keep him satisfied that there would be an appropriate number of reminders for her in a day. Maybe a little pendant on a necklace would be the way to go.

Conner smiled when she suddenly compromised her position on eating. "You're welcome to share mine, I can come back and get more if I want." He nodded when she asked him if he'd help her through some chocolate pudding as well, she could eat that while he worked on his meal and he could finish what she didn't. "What are you going to tell your mom?" He didn't have to say anything to the Kents, they'd given each other a significant look he hadn't at the time understood after she'd come by to visit him. A look that he very much got now. He idly wondered if Kal-El would even notice and, if he did, if he would ever deign to respond to the matter in any noticeable way.

Probably not, Conner decided.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:43 am

Artemis laughed, shaking her head. "I don't think you're gonna need to be taken as younger for a while yet," she said. Conner hadn't aged since the day they had met, and, despite the strange looks they got - after all, it was weird for a 22 year old to be hanging out with a 16 year old by choice - Artemis couldn't care less. She had been proud to call Conner a friend, and now she was proud to call him...

Wait.

What were they? A few kisses, a bed-breaking session... what did that actually mean??

Artemis shook her head. "No, I'm good, thanks, the pudding will be enough," she said. In truth, she just had a sweet craving after expending all that energy with Conner. She glanced at him in surprise as they headed for a table, Conner asking what she was going to tell her mom about them. "Uuuuh... that we're dating?" Artemis laughed as she slid into her seat. "Honestly, I hadn't thought about it. She knows you, she likes you... it's not gonna be a problem." Artemis shrugged, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. "What about you?"
Artemis Crock

Postby Superboy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:27 am

"Actually, that's a lot of what the League has had me doing for the last few months. Moving around, cruising the teenage runaway scene in a couple of cities. Listening and watching, don't know what for exactly, though." He carried his tray one handed once he'd put a glass of tea on it next to the plate, and held her hand with the other as he made his way toward an empty table. There were still watching eyes but they were growing accustomed to the site as their curiosity waned. For the moment.

Conner nodded at her conclusion, seemed reasonable after... all of that. And honest was often called the best policy so if that was the route she wanted to go with her mom then he was fully behind her on the matter. "I'm going to tell your mom whatever you want me to tell her. She's your mom." He affirmed the question innocently.
Superboy

Postby Artemis Crock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Artemis nodded, taking a sip of her chocolate as they headed for a table. "I kinda wondered where you'd been," she admitted. She hadn't liked to ask, though. Also, it would have meant that she was admitting to missing Conner as more than just a friend. She hadn't been ready for that until that night, and she was certain that he hadn't, either. She glanced around the cafeteria. "Ever get the feeling we're being watched?" It was almost tempting to give them something to stare at.

Rolling her eyes, Artemis swatted at Conner's arm. "I meant what are you going to tell the Kents, you idiot," she giggled, feeling lighter and more alive than she had in a long time. "Think they're gonna have problems with you dating an older woman?"
Artemis Crock

PreviousNext

Return to Young Justice