Just Another Day In Paradise

Scenes set in the "Highlander" universe.

Just Another Day In Paradise

Postby Claire Ihi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:47 pm

The gentle lapping of the water against the boat woke Claire, probably more so than the autumn sunlight that was filtering through the porthole. She stretched luxuriantly, all traces of fatigue from the twenty-two hour flight eradicated from her bones. A flight to LA, then another to Auckland, before a drive out to Clarks Beach to board what could only be described as the most opulent yacht Claire had ever seen. It would appear that Methos was bent on living in utter luxury during their time in her homeland. Why that should have surprised her, she wasn't sure. Now moored in Manukau Harbour, the rolling waters of the Tasman Sea to the west, Claire had passed out more or less as soon as her head had hit the pillow the night before.

Stifling a yawn, Claire glanced around the cabin, finding no sign of Methos, so dressed in black shorts and a plain white tee before padding, barefoot, through the interior.

Still nowhere to be found.

Claire climbed the steps up to the deck, not spying Methos at first glance. She frowned, tugging her hair back into a messy ponytail, before calling out. Best be careful now. There were other yachts moored close enough for her voice to carry across the water, so she daren't risk using his true name. "Adam? Where are you?"
Claire Ihi

Re: Just Another Day In Paradise

Postby Methos » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 am

Methos was standing quite still on the lower rear deck, in the shade of the upper deck but out where the sea breeze could carry cool air in to caress his skin. As he was dressed only in a pair of black linen sleep pants there was plenty of exposed skin to caress, no doubt a treat for the sea breeze's perverted notions of propriety. He was breathing steadily, smoothing out his mind and filing away the experiences of the previous day so that he could write in his journal later. He'd brought a simple spiral notebook for that purpose, one he could write in to record his thoughts and then destroy once he'd transcribed the contents into his true journal back home.

The true book that recorded the history of Methos was far too valuable and fragile to haul halfway around the planet for a relatively short visit of a mere season (as compared to the third of a human lifespan he liked to spend in most places he chose to truly pay attention to), let alone to store upon a boat. Methos had little doubt that his apartment was being searched at that very moment, while Rupert was away to visit his own friends and extended family. Ransacked, most likely, as in the final days of the gathering they were growing more and more frantic about retrieving the Methos Chronicle in the hopes that they might recognize the ancient when he turned up. So amusing...

He'd had Claire present the potential trip as a long term distraction that would pull Adam Pierson from his stronghold, giving the Watchers a more opportune period in which they could strip the place to its bones and find 'their' property. It made the Ancient Immortal smile just to think about. Both the chronicle they rabidly pursued and his personal journal were in a specialized safe deposit box in a bank less than a block from the current New York City field office of the Watchers, within spitting distance of their front door. It was exactly the kind of tongue in cheek joke that kept them from ever figuring anything out.

He opened his eyes when he heard her voice and a far deeper smile came up from the depths of his soul. "I'm on the rear deck, my dear." She was being consciencious of their situation, of the other boats anchored a little ways off. At least one housing three men who took shifts watching the boat Methos currently stood on. It was truly amusing being in the genuine consciousness of the Watchers for the first time in their entire existence as an organization, though he could see the novelty quickly wearing off if the level of scrutiny he had been under since the nineteen nineties continued for much longer than a century.
Methos

Postby Claire Ihi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:11 am

A warm smile graced Claire's lips, and she followed the sound of Methos' voice to the rear deck. He was stood there, like some kind of sun god, the golden sunlight playing over the bare skin of his chest. Not a scar sullied his flesh, the only mark being that of the Watcher tattoo on his wrist, the one that he had so artfully deployed at their first meeting.

Feasting her eyes as she descended the steps, resisting the urge to skip down them as joyous as a schoolgirl, Claire slipped her arms around Methos from behind, dropping a tender kiss onto his shoulderblade. "Sleep well, e ipo, she murmured, sliding one arm around his waist and coming to stand by his side. Methos, it seemed, could sleep on a clothesline if required, a quality of which she was a little envious. She breathed in the sea air, sea air which smelt sharper, cleaner than the sea air in America, and it was a scent that told her that, at last, she was home.

Her eyes followed his gaze to one of the nearby yachts, and she frowned, nodding towards it, just the once. "What's so interesting about that one," she asked, narrowing her eyes a little to try to get a clearer view. "Or do I not even need to ask?" One of her worries had been that the Watchers' Council would send someone to keep an eye on them while they were away, not trusting her to send her reports in. She had done everything they had asked of her - and more - since she and Methos had been playing their little game, and she had hoped that the mistrust was over.

Apparently not.

However, this wasn't the time to talk about work, or the Gathering. They had come out to New Zealand for Methos to meet her family, and for Claire to get a taste of home once more, and the more they could leave the Immortal life behind them, even if it was for just a short time, the better. "So... ready to meet my family," she replied, teasing lightly. She had called her parents after they had arrived in Auckland the night before, assuring them that they didn't need to be collected, and would be quite happy staying... elsewhere. Her mother, in particular, was excited to meet the man who had managed to bring their daughter home to them, especially one who spoke Te Reo fluently. "They won't bite. I promise."
Claire Ihi

Postby Methos » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 am

"Like a 5,000 year old baby, sweetness." He responded as he placed his hand on top of hers where it rested on his front. Methos had slept on everything one could imagine and then some, he'd even slept in a saddle during forced marches on more than one occasion. He'd slept on a recent battlefield because he was too weary to walk all the way back to his camp. And all that was not to mention the insane variety of ground and temperatures he'd managed as well. A luxury boat? It was a non-question. "If the accommodations aren't to your liking I can acquire us something land bound, a penthouse perhaps... assuming such a thing is available."

Methos had kept his eyes on the boat the entire time she'd been in his presence but he decided to brush it off. "Three men, mid thirties, spending entirely too much time below deck for such a lovely day. I'm assuming a gay orgy at this point. A very small one, more a three way I suppose, but all the same. Hot man on man on man action at its finest, no doubt." He grinned, all happiness and at ease so as not to ruin her visit home. He could put up with a couple of spies on his coattails as long as they didn't interfere with his activities. If he spotted them one too many times he'd arrange for them to have more pressing business with local law enforcement."[/b]

Methos turned his head to look at his lady love when she asked her fateful question. "The real question is, are they ready for the great ordeal of meeting me?" He smiled and raised his arm, turning so that she found herself pressed chest to upper stomach with him. "We can go as soon as I change, or we can have a tumble on that large bed, lounge until mid-afternoon, and then go have a visit. Lady's choice."
Methos

Postby Claire Ihi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:54 am

"It was fine," Claire reassured him. "It's not the first time I've slept on a boat. I'm a good Kiwi girl, remember?" Okay, so the boats she had slept on had been nowhere near as luxurious as the floating gin palace that Methos had chartered for... well, however long they wanted it, she guessed. "And you won't find a penthouse around here. We'd have to head into Auckland or one of the larger cities if that's what you're looking for." She'd have been perfectly happy to stay with her parents, but, understandably, Methos had wanted a degree of privacy for the two of them.

Privacy which, it would appear, was going to be impossible to come by.

"Ah, for fuck's sake," she muttered, gazing in disgust at the small boat bobbing around on the water. "I'll drop Thomas Kent a line, have him call his dogs off." Ever since Methos had clocked Kent that night in the cafe, Claire had been waiting to use that to their advantage. Now was as good a time as any. "He'll shit himself if he thinks that the muppets have blown cover... again." Maybe she would need to step up her reports, make them either more frequent or more juicy. That was something she would need to talk over with Methos, however.

Claire chuckled as Methos tugged her into an embrace, and she slipped her arms willingly around his neck. "Oh, I don't think that anyone is ever ready to meet you, Adam." She laughed as she tangled her fingers in his hair. "That's all you ever think about it isn't it, e ipo?" Pulling herself up on tiptoe, she didn't care whether or not there were Watchers around as she softly, with infinite tenderness, yet tempered with more than a hint of passion, kissed the man she loved. After all... everything was now legitimate and out in the open. Let them think that she was a consummate actress, playing the part they expected of her. Her stomach grumbled as though to make its presence felt in the discussions.

"Well, whatever way we decide to play it, I think breakfast might be in order. Any thoughts?" Claire didn't even know whether or not the yacht was stocked with provisions. That had been the last thing on her mind the previous night.
Claire Ihi

Postby Methos » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:06 am

"Good.... ish, but definitely a Kiwi girl." Methos winked at her, giving her the reproving look of a disapproving gentleman to the naughty woman he'd taken as his lover. "You don't need to complain to Tommy, just point out you caught me grinning at the boat full of his watchers. His father will make him feel like a jack ass for it far better than you can."

Methos smiled warmly down at her, in his arms, and sighed. "It's the first thing that comes to mind when you turn up snuggled against my side, yes. Maybe I'm just easy like that. Don't I inspire the same in you?" He returned the kiss with the mountains of emotion he had to work with, though so rarely let out for anything except her. "How about we call something big in, take it to your folks as a surprise? I find people are more forgiving of your transgressions when you arrive bearing food. Joe is a sucker for coffee and doughnuts, Mac for a good chatau le blanc."
Methos

Postby Claire Ihi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Claire rolled her eyes theatrically. "And you wouldn't have me any other way," she stated. "You wouldn't know what to do with a 'good' girl, I think." She shot Methos a wicked little grin, one that promised much to the man she loved. She sighed, though, as Methos more or less confirmed that it was, indeed, a bunch of Watchers on the other boat. "Well, whatever works," she replied, shrugging. "Can't help but feel that they might be getting a little suspicious, or just plain don't trust me." And why should they? She had spent so long trying to get away from them that, as far as the Council was concerned, the whole thing with Adam Pierson could just be another one of her ruses to escape their clutches.

They'd be right, of course.

She giggled, and Claire melted into the kiss a little deeper, slipping a little more passion into it, as an answer to Methos' question. "You know you do," she replied. "No need to go fishing for compliments. You don't need to hear how great a lover you are. You know it beyond a shadow of a doubt." And, just to tease him further, and the Watchers across the water be damned, Claire lightly ran her hands across his chest, down his stomach, and let her fingers toy with the waistband of his sleep pants. "Sure, we can do that," she said, her fingers never ceasing as she caught his gaze, an infinitely amused expression on her face. "But I liked your first plan as well..."
Claire Ihi

Postby Methos » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 pm

"Well, your correct about wanting you just like this but if you'd been a good girl... well, I'd have simply corrupted you." He gave her one of those smarmy suppressed smiles that he was known for when playing to his own 5,000 year old ego. He ran a hand up and down her lower back and gave her a look that was equal parts lust and love. Just what a good man should have in his eyes when he looked upon his woman. "Of course they don't trust you. I defeated them and you're supposed to be defeating me but you're not like them so they can't understand how you would do it and hoping desperately that it isn't because I've beat them again by turning you. It's amusing what hope can do to otherwise intelligent-ish people."

Methos grinned broadly at her confirmation of his cocksmanship but let the topic go so as not to carry it too far. Any topic could be carried too far, even the fun ones. "I like my first plan too but I don't want them thinking I'm hesitant to meet them... so lets compromise! You call in the order for breakfast on my card, and then we'll have a quicky in the shower before we leave. Sound like a good plan?" He gave her a wiggle of his eyebrows that suggested the sex was on the menu regardless of whether they called in a breakfast order.
Methos

Postby Claire Ihi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:21 am

"And what makes you think I'd have been corruptible?"

Claire tried her best to sound indignant and mildly offended, but the effect was spoiled by the light giggle that escaped after her words. She let her fingers tangle in the short hairs at the nape of Methos' neck, and resisted the urge to seduce him there and then on the rear deck, although it might have been enough to put the Watchers off. More likely, though, it would ave given them a free show, and that was that. She sighed quietly as Methos' hand traced lazy patterns around her back. "I don't think that they know what they want from me," she said, shrugging lightly. "On one hand, they want me to deliver your head on a plate. Literally. On the other hand, they want to just keep tabs on you, which I'm infinitely more useful for."

Returning Methos' grin with a wicked one of her own, Claire eased a leg between his, raising her knee so that it brushed tantalisingly between his legs. "Now, is this a case of you want to meet my family and become a part of it, or you just want it over and done with," she teased, her fingers starting to trail underneath the sleep pants. She wasn't used to him wearing more than a pair of boxers in the morning, so this was an unexpected novelty for her.

"I think that could be a fair compromise," she admitted, even though all Claire wanted was to grab Methos, toss him onto the deck, and climb on top. "But does it have to be a quickie?"
Claire Ihi

Postby Methos » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 am

"People are easy to corrupt, my dear. The challenge lay in making them just once more."

Methos made no effort what-so-ever to suggest he wasn't anything but 100% certain that he could have lured her to him. Their souls cried out to one another, it happened with certain people and he'd been fortunate enough to have it happen more than once for him. It was a gift, a curse as well but most certainly more a gift. "They want the Chronicle. They've always wanted the Chronicle... and, of course, to find out how I discovered them, learned their secrets, and infiltrated without them ever becoming aware of me. I don't think anything frustrates them quite so much as their lack of knowledge about Adam Pierson."

"A little from column A and a little from column B." Methos turned and swept her up in his arms, heading for the large and well appointed bathroom on the boat (Methos didn't do small or rustic bathrooms anymore) while carrying her. "Oh, my dear, the quickie is for -after- you call in the food. There isn't a phone in your hand and there isn't one in the shower, sooooo...." He chuckled as he headed in.
Methos

Next

Return to Highlander