Hayseed Hearthrob

All things from the Marvel Universe.

Hayseed Hearthrob

Postby Ellie Phimister » Tue May 29, 2018 6:02 am

[color=darkviolet"Who else would I say sweet things to?"[/color] Not to belabor the fact that she was only intimately interested in the same, but her tone was still not Ellie-as-usual. Ellie could only wish that what was going on with her qualified as 'weird' because then there would be no end of older mutants she could go to and ask for help on this weird thing that she had no eartly business knowing how to resolve herself. She could only imagine Logan's response as something along the lines of "welcome to the club" only gruffer and Canadian wilderness'y. Piotr, bless his big heart, would try desperately to be supportive but Ellie was almost certain she knew more about relationships than he ever would. When was the last time the lug had even been on a date? She knew going to Scott would be an exercise in what not to do, and she already had grief with Jean who lets face it had chosen Scott once upon a time. That left Magneto... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... and Charles, who apparently fancied unhealthy relationships with mass murdering men which did her absolutely no good at all. So, there was Paige. Who was, pardon the pun, at least on the same page.

"Priorities are never a problem, I have a spread sheet in my google-docs." It was a sarcastic joke, even if a half-hearted one. Step in the right direction she supposed. "Oh yeah, any moment now Match will blow something up I'm sure. Or pop a bird out of the sky with one of those flash-bang things he does. Once he found out I was largely immune to physical damage he started using those on me in training, leaves my ears ringing every time he gets me." That wasn't necessarily true, he couldn't do the damage that created tenitus, not to her, but getting knocked violently to the ground had a way of leaving 'a gal', as Ben liked to reference, disoriented. Fair was fair, though. She'd gut punched him sixteen times before he'd figured out what to do about her at all. Then he'd freaked out when his first solution had genuinely frightened her, apologized endlessly. She'd gut punched him a few more times before his experimentations had found a relatively harmless way of reliably shutting her down. Now she sided with him whenever possible, because it sucked.

"The break up is what it is, she has things to work out and the way she deals with them just isn't for me. Sucks, but it's life. I have no problems with her outside of romance, so I'm not moping over her. And yes, I'm fully self-aware that I'm moping." Ellie wanted to be clear that she wasn't angry at or sad because of Theresa, that was a separate issue that wasn't even really to do with the other girl. It was Ellie's issue with Theresa's issue that was the issue that caused the break up. Theresa was completely justified in her issue and welcome to cope with it anyway she wanted. But that was a separate issue from why Ellie was moping. Thank the goddess, Paige seemed to understand that.

"I'm a loner, though. Other people come around, we do some stuff, and then they don't come around anymore. I was used to that. Then Theresa comes along and sticks and I get used to it... then she's not sticking anymore and I miss having someone around. Why? I was perfectly happy not having someone around before? Now I do what I always did and then suddenly want to turn around and share it with someone..." She made an energetic hand gesture like there was supposed to be somebody there and for some unknowable reason there wasn't. "I'm sure there is," she responded to Paige's offer of help. "I just have no earthly idea what."
Ellie Phimister

Re: Hayseed Hearthrob

Postby DarthKenobi » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm

“I'm sure there's a girl around here somewhere who wouldn't mind.” Ellie was cute as hell, even if she and Paige weren't exactly best friends. They'd run into each other around the school, because who hadn't, and there had been one very fun 'movie night'. But Paige was well aware that she tended to overestimate what kind of connection that made, when it came to making friends. So it made her a little more friendly than some people actually wanted to deal with, but hey, at least she had plenty of experience considering the family that she came from. When you had half a dozen siblings who always had handfuls of their friends around, there was really no way that you could stay antisocial.

“Well, at least you're organised, right?” she teased. Even though she still wasn't sure that Ellie was feeling all right, at least she was able to joke about things. Sure, that might be nothing more than a bit of pretense, but hey, it was better than actual nothing. Fake it till you make it, right? And if she could help Ellie deal with this whole 'bad breakup' thing that she had going on, well, she definitely wouldn't mind. Paige had a habit of helping out everyone that she came across, and sometimes whether they wanted her to help them or not. But walking away had never come easily to her, which meant that when her mutation had kicked in and made her pretty hard to hurt... well, it was definitely a good thing.

“His powers definitely aren't quiet,” Paige agreed. “But he's a sweet guy.” And honestly, if she didn't lean more towards girls, she probably would have loved to date him. For one thing, he seemed to know a lot more about survival and hunting for himself than, well, anyone else at the school. Or at least anyone else that she knew, and honestly, why was it that all guys seemed to come from the city with zero practical survival skills? With how she'd grown up, it was just weird to think that some people didn't hunt or fish or ride, although her pre-Xavier's lifestyle probably sounded weird to a bunch of the people here too. Still, everyone was different, and it was part of what made the place so exciting.

She smiled at Ellie's story about the training. “Well, next time your ears start ringing, maybe I can kiss it better.” It wasn't like that would be hard to do. Paige liked the other woman, definitely as a friend, and she wouldn't mind something more happening between them. Yeah, dating Tess had probably been a bad idea, what with the Irish girl's seemingly millions of problems. But hey, at least she had been cute, and Paige wouldn't have minded a one night stand herself. Anything longer than that, though, and Paige tended to stay away from people who were Tess' particular brand of crazy. Sometimes.

“Moping is pretty standard for breakups, or so I hear.” She hadn't dated too many people, given the attitude in rural Kentucky about lesbians. And fortunately the relationships with the occasional boyfriend had never been ones that she was too invested in emotionally. Yeah, she'd generally had to talk down her brothers from going to punch the guy in question, but occasionally he had ended up deserving it. “It sucks when people's crazy doesn't match your crazy, but it happens all the time. Sooner or later you find someone better for you.” Or so she'd heard, because really, at this point she wasn't holding out much hope for a long-term relationship.

And then Ellie started talking a whole lot more than Paige had expected of her. “People are pack animals,” she said with a little shrug. “Seems like nobody likes being alone. Even that dick Erik keeps showing back up at the school when he's supposed to be some mortal enemy of the X-Men.” While Paige didn't exactly like the weirdo that kept saying that they needed to kill off half the world for the sake of supremacy, she at least... okay, she couldn't at least understand where he was coming from. Probably a good thing that she couldn't get where the local terrorist was coming from, and she wasn't going to believe that it was because he loved Charles any time soon.

“Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, I tend to stick around the school these days.” Unless she was off on missions, or major holidays when she went back home to be with her family for a few days. Although the majority of her family – at least her siblings – were also here at the school with her. So sometimes it was more like her parents flew out to see them, not that Paige ever really minded either way. “But seriously, if you need anything... my room's right on the second floor.” And there wasn't really much that Paige could foresee Ellie asking about that she wouldn't be willing to do.
DarthKenobi

Return to Marvel