Chapter 7 - Horus's Charge: Treasure Vigil

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Chapter 7 - Horus's Charge: Treasure Vigil

Postby Fenris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 am

They got there in time, but just barely. Fenris getting out to stake the claim that they were there before the stroke of midnight. Technicality, true, but that was what they had to stand on and his own father had played that game with him endlessly over the years.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Re: Chapter 7 - Horus's Charge: Treasure Vigil

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 am

Cass hated being late for anything, and, when you had eight deities waiting on you, most of whom had known anger issues, you really didn't want to piss them off. Heading into reception, the other Scions were there, looking mightily pissed off.
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Postby Anni » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:45 am

"Where have you been," barked Aphrodite's daughter, clearly more than a little annoyed. Horus's son was looking positively panicky. "My father will not be happy if we are not at his suite on time!"
Anni
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:45 am

"All of you shut up. We're here and we are all together. If we don't come filing in looking like expect punishment they'd rather look like everything is exactly as they planned than admit there is something beyond their control. Now move." Fenris spoke in that perfectly even, I will kill you if you talk back to me, voice as he walked by them and led the way... "Where are we going?" He shot that at Cass.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 am

It wasn't a surprise that Fenris took charge, and Cass let a small, almost imperious smile slip into place as he outlined the plan. The rest of the group fell into a chagrined silence, grudgingly indicating an admission that he might just be right. Falling into step beside him as he led off, Cass smirked as he asked her where they were going. "Fucked if I know where Horus's suite is," she grinned. "But if you were an Egyptian god, only the penthouse would do... right?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 am

"Yeah... the place is roughly the same shape as his head, he'll be living at the top." Fenris led the way deep into the building. In a pointed building of that size only one elevator went to the top. At the central elevator bank Fenris punched the button even as the man in the suit stepped forward, obviously house security. "Do I look like I'm in the mood to talk it over with you?" Fenris snapped as the guy arrived. The man was unarmed and his job title was technically 'guest safety', he just turned and walked away. "Better."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 am

Smirking lightly at the comment about Horus's head, Cass kept pace as Fenris headed into the centre of the building, blinking in surprise as he snapped at the security guard who approached. Placing a hand on his arm, Cass twitched an eyebrow upwards. "Easy, big man," she said huskily, her voice an attempt at soothing Fenris's frayed temper. "I know you don't like kowtowing to the olds, but sometimes... we gotta do as we're told."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 am

Fenris stood silently as she tried to sooth him, an eyebrow twitching as he waited for the elevator to come all the way down from the top. "Blue balls." It came out rather suddenly, an attempt to sooth her though he was the one obviously in need. Woe be to the deity who started with Great Fenris.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 am

"Blue balls??" Cass replied in a spluttered laugh to the sudden exclamation from Fenris. Everyone was on edge tonight: after all, they had been summoned in the middle of the night last night, had only a few hours of sleep, met the parents, and now were set to work again. It wasn't a perfect mix for avoiding frayed nerves and tempers. Not giving a shit who saw, she gave the big man's hand a squeeze.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 am

He grunted. "I didn't get mine and there was a lot to be excited about..." Maybe there was a language barrier, blue balls was a slang term for the youth culture of America. The doors opened and Fenris pulled Cass in by the squeezing hand wanting nothing so much as to hem her up in the corner and finish what they'd been at about 20 minutes before hand.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Next

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven