Chapter 8 - Prophecy Fulfilled

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Chapter 8 - Prophecy Fulfilled

Postby Cass MacLarney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 am

The hot desert sun streamed in through a crack in the drapes as Cass woke, blissfully curled up against Fenris's hard body. Insinuating her leg between his, she traced a line of kisses along his collarbone. "Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty," she murmured.
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Re: Chapter 8 - Prophecy Fulfilled

Postby Fenris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 am

He groaned, apparently coming awake at her shifting and kissing. "Lower," he grumbled though he merely rubbed his eyes, which left it as flirtation rather than a demand.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 am

Cass grinned, obliging, kissing just under his collarbone instead. "It's almost four," she said quietly. "Wanna join the land of the living for a few hours?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:57 am

"No, but I'm hungry and the food doesn't just materialize in the room." He ran a hand up and down her back in a massaging way. "You hungry? I hope so."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 am

Cass pretended to think for a few seconds, but a growling stomach betrayed her. "Yeah, I think I could go with some food," she grinned. "Eat here or go somewhere?" Reaching over to the bedside table, she used the remote control to open the drapes, and then to switch on the TV. A news report flicked on, and, in the background, was a crop circle... that looked exactly like the symbol that they had seen the night before - the man ascending steps from beneath the ground. "Oh, for fuck's sake," she groaned. "I think this has to be more than coincidence, don't you?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 am

Fenris stared at the screen and shook his head. "I only have one problem with it. We're seeing it in too many places for the location to have any real significance. The one we saw first was different, these are reminders. What do we do about it?" He kissed her shoulder and got up, looking for some clothes since things appeared to be indicating they were going to be going out to eat.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 am

"I have no idea," admitted Cass, raising herself up on an elbow and watching as the gloriously naked Fenris climbed out of bed and padded across the room. Stretching, she followed suit, reaching into her case for a pair of dark blue jeans and a plain white tee. A frustrated look passed across her face. "Reckon we ought to talk to the others about it?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 am

"Do we have to?" He grabbed some boxer-briefs and jeans, new ones since his last pair had seen some real war in the last day or two. "So far they've done precious little but hold the bag and get ambushed in the halls. If we need an extra set of eyes I can bring the wolf."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

Cass frowned, thinking it over for a few seconds. "No, I guess we don't have to," she replied. "Just one of them might have an idea as to what the hell this damn thing means, and what we have to do."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

"The Greek. It reminds me of one or two old stories from their mythology about going to Hades' realm and back. It'd be too easy if they were anchoring that symbolism in my mythology." Fenris' sister ran their underworld, it'd be like making a stop to raid the cupboards.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Next

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven