Chapter 2 - No Sleep Til Bedtime

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Chapter 2 - No Sleep Til Bedtime

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:22 am

The journey through the night-glittering streets of Las Vegas was dazzling, to say the least. The wind rushing against her face added a note of exhilaration to the ride, and Cass leaned into Fenris's back, having little choice other than to trust him utterly. In what seemed like a few scant minutes, they pulled up outside of the Wynn, and Cass waited for Fenris to kill the engine before scrambling off the back of the bike. Her legs were jelly, and she took the helmet off, shaking out her fall of red hair. "Wow, that was... incredible," she laughed, excitement sparkling in her eyes. "I can't believe I've never done that before."
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Re: No Sleep Til Bedtime

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:26 am

He put out the kick stand in the parking garage, leaning the bike over and grinning at her. "Well, whenever you want to take a ride I'm your man." He grinned and took the helmet gently, putting it and his in his saddlebag. He got his duffel off the back and slung it over his shoulder, then pulled her bag out of the saddlebags to hand to her. "Lead the way girly, I'll watch your back." He grinned.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 am

"I'll be sure and to call," she said simply, accepting her bag, a knowing smile settling onto her lips. Heading up the slope out of the garage, she glanced up at Fenris. "Look, thank you," she said quietly. "It's good to know there's someone I can rely on in all this." Coming up out of the garage, there was a noisy commotion. Two hawks were fighting over the carriageway over a piece of carrion. It was a bloody battle, the hawks tearing at one another until the inevitable happens, and they kill one another. "That's some fucked up shit," Cass murmured, feeling more than a little uncomfortable.

The Wynn's glistening marble lobby was bustling, even at close to five in the morning, and Cass strode up to the front desk, prepared to use user FBI ID if she had to in order to get rooms for them both. "Hi, do you have two rooms for this evening? In fact, we have friends arriving soon... make that uuuuh... seven, in total?" The receptionist didn't bat an eyelid. "Of course," she beamed, reaching into a drawer under the counter. "Here are your keys, you have adjacent rooms. The other five will be ready when your friends get here. You're on the 21st floor. Enjoy your stay!" Cass shot Fenris a look. Sometimes, having a god for a parent was simply awesome.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 am

He smiled, rather warmly in fact, at her thanks. "Pack has to stick together or we aren't gonna be much good. We are gonna have to herd the sandy vaginas... and the females too." He walked with her and watched the hawks fighting. Fenris sniffed at the air. "Odd." Hawks didn't do that sort of thing, not outside of starving conditions, that he was aware of. It was rather disturbing but he was busy enough to simply push it to the back of his mind.

When they entered the building Fenris held open the door until a large black form passed through on Cass’s heels. It stayed by his hip the entire time but got looks and shocked intakes of breath all along the way. He once again raised an eyebrow when the lady behind the desk seemed to be expecting them. His dad never seemed to have his back on things like that. It was always 'Go here, get it done, hurt things' with Loki. Fenris shrugged when Cass gave him a look. "What? Don't trust me enough to have a double?" He grinned.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:29 am

"Oh, I'm 'pack' now, am I," she teased, shaking her head. "Best get myself a decent razor for all that body hair I'm gonna sprout!" She nodded, though, at Fenris's assertion that they were going to have to herd the others. "I hope you're wrong about that." But she had a strong suspicion he was spot on. That wolf thing followed calmly at her heels as they entered the hotel, and it scared the ever living shit out of her, no matter how docile it seemed. The other guests appeared to be just as unnerved. Not so, the receptionist though. This simply smacked of divine intervention, and Cass smiled as she took the keys, handing one to Fenris. "I don't KNOW you enough to share a double... yet," she said quietly, her voice almost a promise. No harm keeping the man on his toes. "You can come test the mini-bar in mine for a night cap, though," she said, stepping off towards the elevators. These coming days were going to be a hell of a trip.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:30 am

"Don't be too impressed, so are the harlot and static shock." He shrugged, including them was just practicality. Not all packs were like family, some just got the job done until somebody was strong enough to strike out on their own. "Body hair? No, one of the blonds is the Greek." He winked at her, making yet another joke at the Aphrodesian's expense. Fenris punched the button on the elevator, then snapped his fingers and pointed at the ground. The wolf sat down exactly where he'd pointed. "I'm a Virgo. How about now?" He chuckled, being obviously not serious. "Oooo mini bar. Think they'll have Mead?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:31 am

"So, don't feel all warm and fuzzy because I'm 'pack'. Got it," she grinned, shrugging easily. Cass laughed at the joke at the expense of Aphrodite's daughter, even though she knew she shouldn't, and cast a quick glance at the wolf as it sat obediently in front of the elevator doors. "Favoured creature, huh," she asked. She could, if she so chose, have a horse as a companion, but she had opted not to. After all, should she need one, in most places they were pretty easy to come by, even in a city. "I'm a Pisces. Maybe after we see whether our astrological charts are compatible, she laughed. "And I doubt they'll have mead... but probably whiskey, if you don't mind sharing?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:31 am

He nodded sagely. Now, when she went and made herself his mate... that would be a different argument altogether. He looked down at his friend and scratched him behind the ear. "Might be a cousin. Who knows?" He chuckled, though the mythology behind him included no actual wolves. The doors opened and Fenris pointed in, the wolf moving sleekly through the doors. Fenris followed and crooked a finger toward Cass. "You ever pet a real live, wild as they get, wolf?" He chuckled at her statement about astrology. "Share a drink with a beautiful woman? How will I ever manage."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 am

Cass's eyes were drawn to Fenris's idle scratching of the wolf, grinning as he mentioned that the creature could be a cousin. "Good to know where the family ties are," she said idly, quirking an eyebrow upwards as Fenris crooked a finger at her, inviting her to share the elevator. "No, I've never petted a wolf," she replied warily, still keeping her distance from the furry creature as the elevator doors closed. It wasn't the safest she had ever felt, that was for sure. "Oh, I'm glad to know that a nightcap won't be a chore," she grinned. "Never know, I might even ask you to join me for breakfast too, if you behave yourself."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 am

"God, be nice." The wolf plodded over to her and rubbed the length of its body against her side, as he was big enough to do so on her small frame. Fenris grinned all along. "He's a good guy as long as nobody catches him by surprise or he's stays up late. He gets surly then." Fenris looked down to find the wolf looking up and back at Cass. "Behind the ears, please." He chuckled on behalf of the wolf. "Define behave."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Next

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven