Chapter 2 - No Sleep Til Bedtime

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Re: No Sleep Til Bedtime

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 am

"God?? Is that what you call him?" Strange name for a pet wolf, but who was she to argue. Cass held herself very still indeed as the wolf rubbed itself against her side, merely nodding at Fenris as he explained the furry fiend's temperament. The wolf then looked like nothing so much as a domestic dog as he leaned his head back and looked up at her beseechingly. Laughing, she did as Fenris suggested, and tentatively scratched the wolf behind the ears. A deep rumble of satisfaction resounded in the wolf's chest, and Cass had to resist the urge to snatch her hand away. "How about we make up the definition of 'behave' as we go along," Cass said, a hint of challenge to her voice. "You never know... you might not find MY behaviour acceptable."
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 am

"It'll make sense later." He grinned at her question about the wolf's moniker. It had made him laugh more than once, mid fight, to call out to god. "Oh, that sounds like a fun game. Any starting guidelines you'd like to test?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 am

"I'll take your word for it," Cass grinned, her hand still tickling away behind the wolf's ears. The elevator seemed to be taking its time, which was no real hardship, not really, and Cass shrugged. "I don't know," she replied to Fenris's question about guidelines. "What do you normally consider a boundary at this stage after meeting someone?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 am

He moved over toward her, a wave of his hand moving the wolf back to the other side of the elevator as he put one hand on the wall by her head and kept it straight as he looked into her eyes. "I would find it remiss if I didn't let you know I'm a bit interested in you. Which I know is a bit stereotypical for you as you said at the diner but... sue me."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:36 am

The elevator wasn't exactly large, and it shrank to minuscule proportions - or so it seemed - as Fenris moved the wolf out of the way, and placed a hand on the wall beside her. He was almost close enough to feel the feral heat coming from his body. Cass held his gaze unwaveringly, green eyes locked with green eyes. "I don't think I need to sue you," she murmured, her voice warm and slightly husky. "I like that you're interested. And... I think you're an interesting kinda guy." She bit down on her bottom lip for a second. "Despite my father's proclivities, I'm not just a quick and easy lay, you know."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 am

His smile was... sadly, wolfish was the only good word for it without going into the predatory range of words. Feral was a good word, wild and free and sharp as a razor. "If I liked easy there's a hairy Greek that could have been riding my bike... or a very confused South American..." He made a face at that last thought.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 am

His smile reminded her of the toothy display a wolf might give when it knew it had its quarry cornered, and yet Cass didn't feel as though she was trapped. Not yet, anyway. "And what about quick," she said softly, a slow smile sliding onto her lips. "You never said whether you liked quick..."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:38 am

"If I win quickly because of my overwhelming skill and attributes... who am I but to take pride in it. If I win through tenacity and endurance that's just as good." A deep rumble came from the depths of his chest, not unlike the wolf's reaction to being scratched.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 7:38 am

Cass maintained eye contact with Fenris as he spoke, staying right where she was, letting him encroach on her personal space. He was an undeniably attractive man, and not just physically. He exuded animal magnetism. "And which of those types of victories brings the most... satisfaction," she murmured, a lopsided smirk on her lips at the noise that came from his chest. "After all, what use is it if one of us is the tortoise, and the other the hare?" Cass pushed away from the wall of the elevator, inching closer to Fenris... and then the elevator doors opened on the 21st floor. "Our floor, I think," she breathed.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am

"The one that gets us there." She came closer and he was leaning in for the kill when the doors opened. He chuckled dropping his head as she declared it their floor. "Indeed," he intoned quietly before letting the 'prey' slip through his fingers. He grabbed up his duffel again and gestured, sending the wolf ahead of them snuffling at the ground. "He held up his key. Eleven... no," He flipped it right side up. "There we go. Eleven." Fenris chuckled. 2111 to be perfectly accurate but that wasn't that important to the joke.
Fenris
Son of Loki

PreviousNext

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven