Chapter 4 - A Surfeit of Karma

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Re: A Surfeit of Karma

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 11:10 am

"Your father passed it off through mine, I got a die." He produced it and examined the thing for a minute. "I'm gonna turn our operation money into a small fortune before we head out of town. Buy you your own helmet." He grinned and pocketed the die again, still not entirely sure what the damned thing did except cause him consternation. At least the woman that had joined him didn't. "Karma... reckon she's a plant?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am

"My dad gave me that," replied Cass, disbelievingly, toying with the card. "He's never given me much, so not sure why he'd start now." All that she had from him - aside from her powers - were her birthrights: a pair of glasses, an ogham pendant, and some weird cork float with a key attached. She smiled, though, as Fenris expressed his intention to get in some serious gambling while they were in Vegas. "And why would I need a helmet of my own," she teased, watching as the big man pocketed the die. She frowned at the mention of Karma. "I doubt it," she said, shrugging lightly, her fingers tracing the edge of the playing card. "But she's damn nosy."
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am

"She is." Fenris avoided attempting to put more oomph in his assertion that her dad had provided that card. "She could a problem if we ignore her... and you need your own helmet so you can keep riding with me. The humans have laws about that shit."
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

"Then we just make sure we keep her sweet," she said simply. "Don't give her any reason to dig too deeply, and make sure she wants to help us, not the other way round." She laughed as Fenris mentioned that she'd need her own helmet to keep riding with him. "I guess I would need my own helmet, yeah," she replied, a teasing grin on her lips. "You know I could get to like the whole 'riding with you' thing."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

"Or drop her down a laundry shoot as soon as we get suspicious." He put his arm on the back of the couch behind her and winked. "I could get used to a warm back when I ride. So... how long before something horrible and terrible comes to test our resolve in keeping that room shut up?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

The whole laundry chute thing got a laugh from Cass, and she shook her head. "Don't think that'll get us very far," she grinned. "But she's certainly someone we need to keep on side." She arced an eyebrow at Fenris's question about something horrible happening. "Well, they obviously want 'security' for a reason," she replied soberly. "I mean, we don't even know why they're meeting, for starters, and what they might be expecting."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 am

"Oh, then the worse it is. Order up some sandbags, set thundercunt to placing us a few bunkers from the front door to the conference room, I'll see what kind of heavy weaponry I can buy in Vegas." He gave her a level look. It was only a joke if she didn't say 'good idea Fenris'.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am

It was hard to tell whether Fenris was joking or not, his expression inscrutable and unchanging. "I think the out and out warfare preparations might be a bit over the top at the moment, don't you?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am

"... do you?" If a troll kicked in the door Fenris could imagine feeling more satisfied with the look on its face when it found him sitting behind an M60 light machinegun full of armor piercing rounds. On the other hand, if it never happened it would be rather silly looking. "Alright. They aren't going to tell us shit, these ones don't know shit, so what do we do? Warm the bench until something blatantly rears its ugly head?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am

Cass sighed. Fenris was very much a man of action, and he was already seemingly getting antsy, just waiting around. "I think we wait. Much as I hate doing as my fucking father tells me, I don't see that we have any other choice at the moment." It irked her, too - she'd rather be doing something useful that be cooped up in a room waiting for instructions. There was a brief knock at the door, though, and a uniformed flunky from the hotel wheeled in a cart, coffee pots, newspapers, two covered plates and a platter of cream puffs on the top layer, and baskets of fruit, bread and muffins underneath. "With the compliments of the Wynn," he lisped, before retreating out of the room. Cass glanced at Fenris. "Looks like you got the dinner you asked for," she grinned.
Cass MacLarney

PreviousNext

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven