Chapter 5 - Lair of the Lindwurm

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Re: Lair of the Lindwurm

Postby Anni » Wed May 29, 2013 11:23 am

The serpentine creature (which was a lindwurm, known in Norse mythology), let go of Thor's daughter slightly, just enough to take a swipe at Fenris with its teeth.The lindwurm missed spectacularly, its head, instead, bashing the wall, leaving it a little dazed.
Anni
Site Admin

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 11:24 am

Cass took advantage of the serpent's failed attack on Fenris to line up a better shot. Popping another one off, she caught it in the neck, and it loosened its grip on Thor's daughter almost completely, writhing in pain.
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:24 am

Fenris snatched his body out of the way of the counter strike, his pure athleticism and ability to twist his body instinctually making the difference. Another gunshot went off from Cass' direction so Fenris ignored it, his eyes purely on the prey as caught a bullet while trying to shake off a personal introduction to the wall. Fenris lunged in again, firing off another punch at it's head.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Anni » Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am

The lindwurm howled, its guttural roar turning into more of a shriek, a shriek which faded at the same rate as the life and light in its eyes... and it slumped down dead, its coils loosening and releasing Thor's daughter into a heap in the floor.
Anni
Site Admin

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am

Cass didn't even bother to holdster her gun, racing over and searching for a pulse. It wasn't hard: the girl's pulse was steady and strong, and it was obvious that she had done nothing other than fainted. Standing, she nodded at Fenris, an inquisitive look on her face. "You ever seen one of these before," she asked.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am

Fenris kicked it half-heartedly for good measure. "Sure, it's a Lindwurm. Something straight out of Aesir beastology 101. I'm surprised it got so far with her, I expected more of even Thor's daughter." He turned and looked at the blond. "Please tell me she fainted..." That would be too good, and he'd never let her live it down.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 11:28 am

Cass frowned as Fenris told her what the creature was, and she smirked lightly. "I've heard of those," she grinned. "Skinning it would be a good idea - the skin is said to increase knowledge of medicine and survival. Only temporarily, mind you, and each skin only gives a maximum of 10 doses or so. How're your skinning skills? These things can be pretty potent." While Cass knew that she could skin it, a human cadaver was far from a creature such as this.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:28 am

"I've skinned one or two in my time... for the fun of it though, never to eat." He grinned and pulled out his multi-tool and, indeed, the right object came out of the flipping set. "Here, or in the room?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 am

Cass glanced around, surveying the damage. The corridor was wrecked, Thor's daughter was moaning softly on the floor, and, just for good measure, 3 ceiling tiles dropped behind them. She shrugged. "Doesn't matter, this place is fucked enough as it is." She nodded at the prone blonde on the floor. "And yeah, she fainted. Pussy."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:29 am

"Start hauling her back to the conference room, see if one of the Gods is willing to do a clean up, and I'll be along momentarily." He went to work, splitting the creatures scales behind the head with the saw toothed blade.
Fenris
Son of Loki

PreviousNext

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven