Chapter 5 - Lair of the Lindwurm

Vegas... the ultimate City of Dreams. Or nightmares, if one of your parents happens to be a god. Closed game - Fenris & Cass MacLarney.

Re: Lair of the Lindwurm

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

Cass didn't get the chance to do any more than lug the blonde Scion to a sitting position. A strident voice called down the corridor. "Damn, what the hell happened here?" Cass rolled her eyes at Fenris. "You know that thing about Karma coming and biting you on the ass? I think she's it..." Schooling her face into a polite smile, Cass arced an eyebrow up at Karma. "Looks like you have a bit of a pest problem," she said sweetly. "Your exterminators need to be doing a better job." There wasn't really a better explanation she could give, not right now. "Look, this thing carried one of our friends off, and... well, we stopped it." She glanced around. "Don't suppose you have anyone who can clean up this mess?"
Cass MacLarney
Daughter of Manannan Mac Lir

Postby Anni » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

Karma pursed her lips, looking disgusted at the whole thing. However, she was fascinated with the whole group now, and she would do whatever it took to find out what was going on. "Of course," she replied deferentially, "But it'll have to be charged to someone." She raised an eyebrow hopefully. "Would either of you..." She tailed off, obviously hoping that either Fenris or Cass would offer to foot the bill.
Anni
Site Admin

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am

Fenris gave Cass a look that asked if he should kill Karma, he was more than willing and it would take a split second. The woman wouldn't feel a thing his eyes promised. Otherwise, "Charged to someone? You have a mutated boa constrictor running around your hotel attacking innocent patrons and you want to charge that to someone?! Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck you, fuck your hotel, bill it to your fucking selves you psychotic bathroom attendant. I just fought a giant snake in one of your halls to save a woman's life. If I were you I'd be doing whatever I could to keep it quiet!" His voice slowly got louder, making it more and more public and bringing in the hotel's reputation as he went. He shot another look at Cass, asking again if he could kill Karma.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am

Cass caught Fenris's look, which was nothing less than murderous, and she shook her head ever so slightly. Another body wasn't what they needed right now, and, just maybe, Karma might be an advantage instead of just a royal pain in the ass. She stepped up next to the big man, and laid a hand on the small of his back, giving him a little squeeze. "Karma, look... something can be sorted about the cost, I'm sure, but, primarily, this mess has to be be cleaned up. But Mr Lokison (pronouncing it "Lockeson") here is right: he's managed to stop a potentially dangerous predator before it killed someone, and before any of the other guests saw it. I'm sure that that can be taken into consideration." She countered Fenris's look with a little smirk this time.

Karma looked between the two of them, and Cass smiled disarmingly at the other woman. "I'm sure that the Wynn would be only too grateful that we've managed to keep this little... pest problem under control. After all, we're not planning on charging for our services - which, incidentally, prevented further damage to the structure - and we certainly won't be making any of this common knowledge..." She squeezed Fenris's waist again. "Will we?"
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 11:32 am

"If I don't see a bill I can't think of a reason to see a reporter." He intoned listlessly. Talking people down wasn't his thing and he returned to his work of skinning off a goodly portion of the creature's hide, muttering about laundry chutes.
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Anni » Wed May 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Karma's eyes narrowed as she looked between the pair in front of her, cocking her head at the blonde who appeared to be just coming to on the floor. She sighed, shaking her head. "Very well," she replied. "I'll get a crew in here as soon as possible, but you must NEVER speak a word of this to anyone, you hear me?"
Anni
Site Admin

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Karma's voice had an edge of steel, and Cass smiled winningly at her again. "Thank you, Karma, I think that's the best result all round." There were faint slurping sounds as Fenris returned to skinning the wurm, and she could almost feel the frustration wafting from him. She bent to Thor's daughter again, who had pushed herself to a sitting position, and was moaning quietly, making a real meal of things. "Shut up, you're fine," she said snippily. "We need to get you back to your room if you're going to be in any state to go to that damn show tonight." She stood, hauling the other woman to stand with her. "How's it going with the skin," she said quietly to Fenris.
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Fenris stood with a wet sloppy stretch of flesh in his hand. "Appetizingly." He wiggled it in front of Thorsdotter before heading for the conference room where the others should have been waiting. "Why the hell did you leave the room, blondie?"
Fenris
Son of Loki

Postby Cass MacLarney » Wed May 29, 2013 12:06 pm

A smirk twitched on Cass's lips as Fenris teased Thor's girl with the skin, and she helped her down the corridor into the conference room that had been assigned to them, now empty. Fenris's question was pertinent, and Cass led the young woman to a chair, seating her before checking her over. She seemed fine. "I left because Horus said we should go," she said truculently, her head hanging in shame. "Look, wherever the gods go, trouble follows, " replied Cass. "It's not worth putting yourself at risk. In future, make sure you partner up with someone if you're going to leave the group, okay?" Standing again, Cass twitched an eyebrow up at Fenris. "Don't know about you, but I could do with a shower before this damn show." She nodded to the skin. "And we need to sort that out, too."
Cass MacLarney

Postby Fenris » Wed May 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Fenris grunted. "You're Aesir. You know better." He turned to Cass with the beginnings of a smirk at the corner of his mouth. "Have I mentioned I'm a conservationist?" Meaning the conservation of water suggested they should shower together.
Fenris
Son of Loki

PreviousNext

Return to Scion - The Long Road to Heaven